2nd Shift Nurse - RN/LPN - FMG
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The 2nd Shift Nurse is responsible for providing primary and emergency care for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses, and assisting with required health assessments for specified programs. This position also conducts required screening tests such as drug and alcohol testing, spirometry testing and audiometric testing, maintains OSHA, state and team member health records, and participates in plant safety and ergonomic programs. Other responsibilities include assisting with team member health promotion, education and training programs, identifying workers' compensation cases, assisting with maintenance and documentation of workers' compensation files and performing other duties as the need arises. Must be able to respond to emergencies in the plant, climb stairs, walk to the production area and work in cold and hot environments. Must have the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Delivers direct care for employees at site according to medical directives.
* Adheres to health management policies, protocols, medical directives, and physician standing orders according to scope of practice.
* Provides compassionate, quality care to employees.
* Adheres to all state and federal regulations including OSHA, Worker's Compensation, etc.
* Adheres to HIPAA compliance of confidentiality of employees' personal health information.
* Participates in health and safety teaching of employees.
* Establishes and maintains good working relationships with departmental staff, complex management, supervisory staff, local healthcare providers, and third party administrator (TPA).
* Conducts all assigned and additional job tasks within legal, ethical, and moral standards of care in a professional and effective manner.
* Maintains accurate documentation and assists in departmental medical records upkeep. Provides appropriate documentation of all care provided in a professional and effective manner.
* Keeps department clean and orderly.
* Notifies Clinic Manager and designee of any pertinent physical and emotional changes of symptoms presented by employees.
* Other duties as assigned.
* May require availability outside of normal business hours.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
* Must possess a Virginia LPN or RN license.
* Minimum academic preparation includes completion of licensed practical/vocational accredited school of nursing program and current license to practice as a license practical/vocational nurse in state of employment.
* 3-5 plus years experience in the performance of nursing skills relative to Occupational Health Nursing, preferred.
* Current First Aid/CPR/AED instructor certification, preferred.
* Communication, problem-solving and organizational skills desired.
* Standard computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Power Point.
* Good decision maker and ability to perform in stressful situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Good visual acuity, hearing and motor coordination
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to work in warm and cold environments