2nd Shift Production Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
MELROSE PARK, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of
uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst
Corporation has grown to become one of the largest
companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes Platinum 400 -
Best Big Companies List. With over 11,000 employee Team
Partners and more than 220 facilities throughout the
United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never
just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us
apart from all other companies is that we still function
as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst,
you re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting
from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers
have come from within the Company. Opportunities are
endless for those individuals who possess a strong work
ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a
passion for delivering quality customer service, both
internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that
stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving
your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst
can take you.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
401K with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program
Supplemental Life Insurance
Long Term Disability
Direct Payroll Deposit
30% Employee Discount
Employee Referral Program
Under the direction of the Operations Support Manager
(OSM), directs, plans, assigns, and monitors production
department operations and activities. Determines
priorities for designated department operations in
conjunction with production schedules. Supervises and
coordinates the activities of their assigned workforce,
by performing the following duties personally or through
other staff members. Assumes duties of other production
Supervisory rolls when required. Some independent travel
may be required.
Support all UniFirst Company Policies including goals as
described in UniFirst Mission Statement, Guiding
Principles, and Core Values. Job will require
participation and compliance to all policies and
procedures related to ISO (quality) and safety.
Functions of this position may require occasional
internet access and regular use of UniFirst E-Mail. This
will require annual review and acceptance of UniFirst s;
electronic Record Retention and Internet Policy;
Understanding and compliance with the Company s
Statement of Corporate Policy and Code of Conduct (The
Code of Conduct) as well as the Electronic Records
Retention Policy and Electronic Records Usage
* Receives daily direction from the Operations Support
Manager of Personalization (OSM). May on occasion
receive direction from Operations Support
Manager/Distribution (OSMDC) Center, General Manager
of Personalization and/or the Distribution Center.
May also receive instruction from Human Resource
Manager when applicable.
* Communicates to, advises, and directs hourly
production employees as needed, to assure compliance
to existing company policies, safety regulations,
* Can recommend or apply disciplinary actions as
required, following facility guidelines. Any
disciplinary actions should include participation of
HR Business Partners
* Studies production requirement reports and confers
with OSM or other Supervisors. May on occasion
receive direction from OSM/DC, General Manager of
Personalization and/or the Distribution Center.
Responsible for tracking and logging attendance for
all assigned team members.
* Monitors and adjusts staffing or workflow as needed,
while conforming to assigned objectives, plans,
schedules, and budgets.
* Reviews production incentive reports on a daily
basis. Responsible for monitoring and justifying all
* Communicates directly with Maintenance staff as
* Is expected to account for general supplies and raw
materials used for production.
* Monitor expenditures and is free to recommend cost
control measures where applicable.
* Can recommend measures to improve production
methods, equipment performance and design, such as
systems or hardware enhancements where applicable.
* Can recommend creation or revision of existing work
instructions and job descriptions.
* Is responsible and accountable for efficient use of
raw materials and inventory of supplies within their
* Continually monitors operations, including quality
inspection of products produced, and basic machine
operation and maintenance.
* Schedule periodic meetings with employees (if
applicable) to include safety related issues or
items. Periodic could mean weekly, monthly,
bi-monthly quarterly, etc.
* Must be willing and able to take an active role in
plant wide safety activities.
* May be required to fill-in for other Supervisory
Staff within the facility, in their absence. This
may require reassignment of shift on a temporary
basis when applicable.
* Fully responsible and participates in the employee
job interview process within and outside their
* Directs or assists in the training and development
* Attend scheduled staff meetings, daily internal
production meetings, Corporate or Owensboro
sponsored events or meetings. Some independent
travel may be required.
* Can investigate and respond to employee complaints
and questions concerning operations. Can recommend
and apply corrective actions where necessary in
accordance with Owensboro and/or Corporate policies.
* Authority to ensure that hazards are corrected or
necessary changes to the safety and health
management system are addressed
* Bachelor s degree in Business or related field from
an accredited college or university; or three to
five years of embroidery or other production
management; or equivalent combination of education
* Strong skills in planning and scheduling.
* Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to bring
individuals and groups together to accomplish common
* Initiative - Able to manage assignments and meet
deadlines with little or no supervision.
* Time Management - Demonstrates the ability to
prioritize tasks and is able to manage multiple
* Quality - Is fully committed to the organization's
quality policy as required to maintain ISO
* Dependability and Responsibility - Accepts
responsibility for all assigned tasks and those
tasks assigned to staff members
UniFirst Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action