2nd Shift Sanitor 9/14/2016
Logan Township, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
The Sanitation Operator maintains the facility in hygienically clean, sanitary and tidy condition on a shift basis in line with La Brea Bakery expectations
* Job responsibilities should be in bullet point form with a maximum of 10. Include 85% of position priorities.
* To utilize their experience, skill, and training to keep the production, warehouse, packing, general staff, and office areas clean and tidy during each shift.
* Responsible for washing floors, drains, walls, ceilings, and other areas according to a specific schedule or as required.
* Responsible for removing trash from office, staff, and production areas.
* Responsible for removing and compacting waste cardboard from the packing area.
* Responsible for detail cleaning of parts of the production lines during down-days.
* Responsible for continuous maintenance of the floor areas using a floor washer.
* Responsible for maintaining cleaning equipment, buckets, hoses, vacuums, etc, in clean and hygienic condition.
* Assists in the preparation of the facility in advance of company visits and audits.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
* Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification.
* Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
* Delegation - Delegates work assignments.
* Leadership - Accepts feedback from others.
* Managing People - Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
* Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
* Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
* Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
* Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
* Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish desirable.
* Math Ability - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Reasoning Ability - Understand and follow written and verbal instructions
* Years of Experience
* Previous Experience in baking environment beneficial, not essential.
* Language Skills
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Computer/Software Skills
* No computer skills necessary.
* Certificates and Licenses:
* No certifications needed
* Travel requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme cold (non-weather). The employee is expected to tolerate the flour dust that floats in the work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Ability to adjust focus.
Typical Work Schedule: 2nd shift 2pm - 10:30pm, days of will be Tuesday and Wednesday.
Logan Township, New Jersey, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.