2nd Shift, Senior Database Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Database Administrator, to join our Montvale, NJ office.
- Provide installation, maintenance, monitoring and support for Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014 databases
- Implement and support requested database development changes in the Microsoft SQL Server and Windows environments
- Support production systems for database problem resolution and recovery, as well as assistance with production applications including emergency off-hour support
- Specification and development of systems for capturing and tracking database performance metrics, database and application performance monitoring, evaluation and recommendations
- Provide technical support of KPMG and 3rd party developed SQL Server applications, including software installation, upgrades, problem diagnosis, performance monitoring, evaluation and tuning recommendations
- Evaluate and recommend database related software products within technical architecture framework
- Five years of experience as a production support MS SQL Server database administrator
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Senior technical skills in MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014 including system installation and upgrade, backup and recovery, data server migration, database maintenance and support, release management, troubleshooting, performance tuning, developer and third party product support, configuration and support of DTS and SSIS jobs, SQL Server Agent jobs and maintenance plans
- Experience with the SQL Server Log Shipping, clustering, replication and database mirroring features; and installing and supporting SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014 particularly with features such as Integration Services, Reporting Services and Analysis Services; Installing and managing 3rd party vendor applications and dependent components, including packages that utilize IIS, Microsoft Reporting Services, etc.
- Familiarity with SQL, Transact-SQL and troubleshooting queries and stored procedures
- Experience creating documentation of installation procedures, monitoring procedures, security policies, configuration changes, migration procedures and best practices for development teams
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .