2nd Shift Task Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Lees Summit, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
The Task Supervisor is responsible for the coordination and supervision of a specific task or function for a non-technical contract or project with an emphasis on logistics, records management, human resources or other administrative focus. This position typically monitors between 10-30 employees at any given time. The specific duties of the Task Supervisor include, but are not limited to the following:
* Coordinates and controls the movement of files internally and externally with other sections and branches throughout USCIS.
* Prepares and maintains daily logs on documents, correspondence, and statistical and pending reports.
* Monitors employee quality and production statistics while ensuring client schedules are met.
* Tracks backlogs and surges.
* Maintains accurate reports of workload held on file shelves.
* Implements and monitors policy and procedural instruction changes and ensures all team members have been informed of the changes.
* Provides technical guidance and problem resolution.
* Assists with writing manuals and other documentation.
* Sets up and manages project facilities as dictated by workload requirements.
* Responsible for status and task management reports for area of responsibility.
* Ensures all activities are carried out in accordance with project commitments or specific objectives.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
The Task Supervisor position requires a Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent and a minimum of two years related experience in operation of the work unit, a working knowledge of the activities in the other work units, and one (1) year experience as a team leader or trainer. In some cases, experience may substitute for education.
This position supports a U.S. Government contract whose terms require that candidates be a U.S citizen as well as be able to successfully undergo a background investigation (National Agency Check) and submit to a drug screening test.
* Must be able to read and interpret documents such as operating procedures, quality control procedures, and instructions. Ability to speak effectively with all levels of personnel in one-on-one conversations and before groups. Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be able to speak effectively in one-on-one conversations and before groups.
* Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
* Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company s goals
* Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
* Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
* Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications
* Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
FCi Federal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or gender, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing.