2nd shift Forklift Shipping & Receiving
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Universal Forest Products
* Minimum 9th grade basic education; preferred High school diploma (GED) or equivalent.
* Prefers 6 months to 1 year of experience driving a forklift or operating similar equipment.
* Working knowledge of basic math and inventory techniques
* Successfully complete Forklift Driver licensing process
Skills and abilities
* Ability to work in a safe manner
* Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
* Ability to estimate approximate weight of material
* Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
* Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
* Ability to pay attention to surroundings
* Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
* Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write basic English
* Ability to frequently get on and off a forklift, to withstand operations in rough surfaces, to work in a wide range of weather condition, and operate a forklift for extended periods of time.
* Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
* Ability to work under immediate supervision
* Ability to pass a drug test
* Ability to work hours mandated by management
* Safety conscious
* Team player and goal oriented
* Leads by example and positive attitude
* Participates in Safety and CI programs
* Punctual and reliable
* Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
* Loads and unloads trucks and rail cars
* Moves material and other products from storage to work areas and vice versa are required.
* Breaks packs to correct size and labels material before loading product on a truck or rail car
* Provides general preventive maintenance on equipment.
* Completes pre-shift/startup equipment checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
* Maintains yard organized and clean.
* Completes paperwork are required.
* Empty trash and wood hoppers.
* Follows forklift rules and policies as described by Company policy.
* Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
* Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled