2nd shift Saw Operator Industrials
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Universal Forest Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Knowledge
* Minimum 6th grade basic education or equivalent.
* Minimum 3 months experience using saws or similar equipment; some experience in manufacturing and assembling is preferred.
* Working knowledge of basic math.
Skills and abilities
* Ability to work in a safe manner
* Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
* Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
* Demonstrate ability to use and operate dangerous/heavy equipment
* Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
* Ability to pay attention to surroundings
* Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
* Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
* Ability to complete production reporting
* Ability to read a tape measure
* Ability to learn/understand cuts and yields
* Ability to troubleshoot and perform minor maintenance to the equipment
* Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
* Ability to work under immediate supervision
* Ability to pass a drug test
* Ability to work hours mandated by management
* Safety conscious
* Team player and goal oriented
* Open to change and positive attitude
* Committed to plant and company goals
* Participates in Safety and CI programs
* Punctual and reliable
* Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
* Reads production scheduling sheets and identifies required material for the operation.
* Ensures material meets quality specifications (grade, size, moisture content, etc).
* Performs setups according to specifications.
* Feeds material according to specifications.
* Periodically checks equipment to ensure specifications are being met.
* Offloads and stacks material in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band components/finish product.
* Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
* Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
* Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
* Maintains production records as required.
* Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance with standards.
* Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
* Performs LOTO as required.
* Performs preventive maintenance as specified.
* Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled