2nd Shift CDL Operator- Flavors, Anaheim CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 3/17/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirmenich is the largest private company in the Fragrance & Flavors industry, founded in 1895 in Geneva, Switzerland.
Led by our passion for taste and smell, we put our creativity and innovation to work to develop fragrances and flavors for the world s most desirable brands, delighting billions of consumers every day.
We currently have an immediate opportunity for a 2nd Shift Production Operator to join our Flavors Division in our Anaheim, CA.
2nd shift hours are 1:30pm - 10pm (Monday - Friday)
Our Production Operator will perform routine procedures following written work instructions to complete manufacturing processes. Measures and verifies that materials are available per specification. Operates production equipment. Maintains documentation on manufacturing processes to comply with organization and regulatory standards. Maintains clean manufacturing areas, equipment, and materials.
* Responsible for plant cook operations to ensure maximum quality and quantity in accordance with the company s operation objectives while maintaining a safe environment.
* Monitor and operate automation control computer system (Delta-V).
* Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs).
* Read batch card, work orders, recipes, or formulas in order to determine cooking times and temperatures, and ingredient specifications.
* Starts automatic metering pumps that admit specified quantity/weight of ingredients and materials into CDL equipment according to formulation and batch card.
* Observe gauges, dials, and product characteristics, and adjust controls in order to maintain appropriate temperature, pressure, and flow of ingredients within prescribed limits.
* Draw sample of product for laboratory analysis.
* May test product for specified characteristics, such as moisture levels.
* Communicate with the lab to anticipate or remedy any problems to ensure the highest quality and optimize efficiency.
* May observe reaction through porthole in equipment and adjust controls to regulate speed or degree of reaction, according to knowledge of process.
* Listen for malfunction alarms, and shut down equipment and notify supervisors when necessary.
* Record production and test data, such as processing steps, temperature and steam readings, cooking time, batches processed, and test results.
* Follow all Company Safety Policies.
* Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and maintain good personal hygiene.
* Clean, wash, and sterilize equipment and cooking area, using water hoses, cleaning or sterilizing solutions, or rinses.
* Maintain the facility clean and safe taking into account all SOPs, policies, procedures and regulations in all operations of the plant.
* Follow the Operations Objectives to reach the facility s performance objectives and overall goals.
* Communicate with the maintenance department to anticipate or fix problems in a timely manner.
* Communicate with Supervisor, Team Leader and production operators as necessary.
* Drive a forklift as necessary.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Able to troubleshoot, anticipate and correct problems associated with plant operations.
* High school diploma or equivililant
* Constantly: ability to walk, stand, grasp (simple)
* Frequently: ability to lift/carry/push/pull 50lbs, grasp (power)
* Occasionally/Infrequently: ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 100lbs, bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist and crawl
* Must be able to wear required Personal Protective equipment (PPE)
* Must be able to pass Pulmonary Function Test