2nd shift production supervsior
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Staffing & Recruiting Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe company I am working with has been in the food business since 1880. Their product Line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. Also they are the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country.
Accountable for achieving established corporate departmental goals; including division profitability, product quality and accuracy, staff productivity, scheduling efficiencies and the oversight of equipment performance and downtime.
DAILY/POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED):
* Continuous development, analysis and utilization of established departmental performance data programs to achieve departmental goals.
* Ability to understand, implement and analyze SPC (Statistical Process Control) practices, to add validation to all aspects of the operation.
* Analysis, development and reporting to department OEE's (Overall Equipment Effectiveness); KPI's (Key Performance Indicators); and EFF's (Equipment Efficiency).
* Continuous analysis of current production processes and procedures, proposals for improvements, implementation and follow through of agreed upon changes.
* Be a teacher and Mentor.
* Continuous development and evaluation of your team.
* Utilize Learning & Development for all internal and external resources available.
* Understand you are a reflection of your staff.
* Department ambassador for all Production related matters.
* Communicate effectively within the department by:
Working closely with Vice President of Operations to continuously update and review departmental goals and objectives.
Holding as needed staff and individual meetings and development opportunities with mindset of "continuous growth".
Performing staff reviews as assigned or as needed.
* 2-4yeardegree and 3-5years supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education/work experiencerequired. This person should have excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, be self motivated, safety conscious, detail oriented, able to multi-task, ambitious, and have a leader and coaching mentality. Manufacturing experiencepreferred.