This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 7/26/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
Looking for a great company to leverage your expertise in Network Operations* If you are an expert in the field of network engineering, have strong analytic skills, and a solid understanding of networks and security, then we want to talk. Aspect Software is looking for full-time network expert to join our Network Operations engineering team at our facility in Orlando, FL.
We are looking for best-of-the-best candidates looking to work for a company offering top-tier employment benefits, and who want the opportunity to work with technologies. As a Network Operations Engineer, you will act as a conscientious eye for Aspect network surveillance, troubleshooting, resolving/restoring and break/fix activities. Working in conjunction with other Network Operations departments and Executive-level engineers, you will support implementation and testing of new services during maintenance activities.
* Serve as an Aspect network resource for all deployments and general maintenance.
* Physical deployments including hardware build-outs, racking, and cabling of devices.
* The ability to use, and responsibly manage network monitoring systems.
* Work with customer support department to procure, and assist in analyzing call logs, and packet captures.
* You will need to be able to think of and suggest ways to improve existing monitoring processes.
* You will be expected to Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve network performance problems.
* Escalate and push network issues to resolution within Aspect and our vendors.
* Maintain and respond to information from security monitoring systems.
* Prepare network systems performance reports, analyze them for potential issues and maintain network infrastructure documentation on a recurring basis.
* You must have the ability to work in a fast-paced office environment where multi-tasking is required.
Qualified candidates are expected to be able to follow corporate Change Management Procedures.
* 5+ years experience working with TCP/IP Networking.
* 5+ years experience working with network security. (Cisco and Juniper)
* 3+ years experience in monitoring a global-scale network consisting of thousands of network devices.
* A solid understanding of all layers of the OSI model.
* Superior hardware abilities, including hardware troubleshooting, cabling & wiring,
* Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper Switches, Firewalls, and Routers.
PREFERRED (BUT NOT REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS
* Working familiarity with MacOS.
* 3+ years working in a Linux command-line environment (CentOS preferred).
* 3+ years of Shell scripting experience.
* Working experience with the setup, configuration, administration and troubleshooting of Cisco and Juniper routers and switches and firewals.
* Working experience of VPN setup, configuration and administration.
* Familiarity with network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Nagios, and Splunk.
* Active Directory experience.
* Ability to multi-task during critical outage events.
* Understanding of common telecommunications-based technologies & protocols such as: TCP/IP, Ethernet, T1s, T3s, DS3s, SBCs, etc.
* ITIL knowledge, experience or certification is a Plus.
* Competitive Base plus Excellent Benefits!
* This is a FULL-TIME job on site in downtown Orlando, FL.
* It is neither a Contract nor consulting job.
* This position is NOT open to any 3rd party recruiters, consultants and/or staffing vendor.
Aspect is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.