Neurodiagnostic Technician II 10/9/2017
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The Neurodiagnostic Technologist II performs for diagnostic use by physician, standard and complex neurodiagnostic procedures, special procedures and recordings for monitoring additional physiological phenomena by means of appropriate techniques. Procedures include video monitoring, EEG, evoked potential, and nerve conduction studies (EMG). This position works under general direction of the Director of Neurodiagnostic Lab.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Completion of AMA accredited EEG/EMG program or equivalent on the job training
* Minimum 2 years experience in EEG/EMG/EP
* Certification as a Registered EEG Technologist within 12 months of hire
* Certification as a Registered Nerve Conduction Study Tech within 24 months of hire
* Current BCLS certification when hired; certification must be kept current for continued employment
* Unlicensed Assistive Personnel training or the training requirements will be waived if an employee demonstrates competency in the content areas required by regulatory requirements; in the duties specific to their job and the patient population assigned; and:
a. Is enrolled in a professional or practical nursing education program and has completed a fundamentals of nursing course; or
b.Was a professional nursing or practical nursing licensure candidate who failed to pass the state licensure examinations in the past three (3) years; or
c.Is certified as a nursing assistant per state regulation; or
d. Is certified or has had formal training that meets the UAP curriculum; or
e. Has documented experience as a nurse assistant, emergency medical technician or surgical technician in the past three (3) years; or
f. Has proof of completion of UAP training program in Missouri within the last three (3) years which meets the requirements of this policy; or
g. Has completed a professional or licensed practical nursing program outside the United States and is awaiting the licensure examination in this country.
8:00AM - 4:30PM