News Media Replication SME 9/19/2017
Obsidian Solutions Group
Twentynine Palms, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY News Media Replication SME
Primary Location: Twentynine Palms, CA, US
Must be a U.S citizen
Security Clearance: Secret
The Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group (MCTOG) mission is to provide standardized advanced training and certification to Ground Combat Element (GCE) Operations Officers, Operations Chiefs, and select other GCE training specialists in GCE operations, combined arms planning and integration, and unit readiness planning at the company, battalion, and regiment levels to support GCE Training and Readiness (T&R) events.
The News Media Replication SME work with the Social Media Coordinator to ensure exercise designs for social media analysis are incorporated into production and development phases for classified and unclassified network instances of the MCTOG web hosting environment. In addition, the News Media Replication SME will provide over the shoulder training to the MCTOG Staff and Students on the use and implementation of Social Media Analysis Tools.
* Knowledgeable with assisting and coordinating design, planning, and production of News Media Replication clips for scenario use.
* Research relevant Areas of Operation, coordinate with exercise participants, collaborate with Social Media Coordinator and News Media Replication SME regarding appropriate social media tools for each venue and exercise.
* Provide input to exercise design, Master Scenario Event List (MSEL) development and scripting to ensure that Social Media analysis is available and proper cues, techniques, and solutions are imbedded in design as approved through Social Media Coordinator.
* Responsible for providing after action reports and OIL comments to the Exercise AAR Planner for the trainer audience and staff.
* Performs as a HICON and expert response cell role ISO exercises.
* Contributes to exercise orders, CONOPs, and operations process cycles across all six warfighter functions and social media.
Knowledge and Skills
* Knowledge of coordinate design, planning, and production of News Media Replication clips for scenario use.
* Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
* Possess self-motivation and a high level of discretion to work effectively under a minimum level of supervision.
* Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Experience and Education
* BA/BFA, Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing or related business curriculum required.
* Operational Experience: Intelligence background preferred; substituted with minimum 5 years military experience with related, deployed, experiences in cultural analyses, measurements, or High Level staff equivalent.
* Career Level School (Expeditionary Warfare School or Staff Non-Commissioned Officer School) or civilian equivalent required.
* A minimum of 2 years experience Microsoft SharePoint Server architecture .
* Certifications required per DODINST 8570:
* CompTIA Network +
* Comp TIA Security+
* Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer required SharePoint.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Garrison work environment including but not limited to:
* occasional field/tactical environments
* occasional extended working hours will be required
* schedule: M-F 0700 to 1700
* May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance.
* Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.