North America Facility Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONNEWMARK KNIGHT FRANK (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NGKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Manage all aspects of facilities management on behalf of the Client in the NORTH AMERICAN REGION including acting as a point of escalation for Facility Managers, Facility Coordinators, Real Estate Manager and Head of Region. Delivery of a best in class national facilities management service to the client demonstrating flexibility to their needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Manage all aspects of Facilities Management on behalf of the Client in the Europe region including acting as a point of escalation from FM s & Facility Coordinators, Real Estate Manager and Head of Region.
* Ensure that FM service provision in is in line with service level agreements agreed in the Europe region.
* Monitor and manage FM performance against the specific region Active and Passive KPI s
* Establish a high performance culture within the regional FM team
* To ensure the implementation of best practice by the NGKF Region FM Team to improve the delivery of FM Services to Nokia Region stakeholders
* Successfully implement regional and global innovations and initiatives to underpin and increase performance and achievement
* Effective collaboration with NGKF Global Technical Services Teams (EH&S, Procurement, Engineering and Energy) and Global Partners
* Ensure regional EH&S standards are maintained in FM Operations
* Ensure that internal governance is adhered to; including regular management reporting & authorization processes
* Ensure compliance with all defined internal procedures and to all legal requirements and obligations
* Direct line management responsibility for Operations Managers in Europe
* Effectively manage team based in different countries with attention to local legislative and cultural nuances
* Support timely recruitment of positions in the regional FM team.
* Timely completion of the regional team performance appraisals, implement the SMART objectives for the FM Team and ensuring consistent achievement of these standards
* Implement training and development of the regional FM team, ensuring that skills gaps are identified and improved appropriately.
* Implement the regional Procurement strategy with regards to achieving Principle mode of operation
FINANCE AND CONTROL
* Work with the NGKF regional Financial Analysts and Nokia Region Financial Controller to ensure:-
* The F&C data is accurate and processed in a timely manner
* Deliver a significant contribution to the financial success of the account in your region.
* Have a clear understanding of the local finance and control calendar and local processes
* Ensure regional Partners are aligned to the Finance and Control Process
COLLABORATOR AND CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
* Ability to manage strategic relationships with local NGKF Partners to ensure coherence and governance of legal entities along with day to day FM operations.
* To assist the Global Head of FM to maintain a positive rapport with collaborators and clients
* Identify and understand client s specific key regional drivers and develops solutions for success in collaboration with the Global Head of FM or other managers as designated .
* Hold monthly operational meetings with Real Estate Managers & FM s.
* Weekly informal one to one meeting with Head of Region
* Holding monthly Regional Steering Group Meetings for account governance purposes
* Attendance at regular regional Nokia Workplace Resources meetings as and when required
* Support facilities Managers and REM s in their discussions with Client Management Team s and Country Directors and the implementation of day to day operational requirements.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor degree in corporate real estate, facilities or similar in addition to relevant professional qualifications.
* Recognized building services or FM industry body membership
* Demonstrable record of success in delivering high level / high value corporate real estate / facilities business growth.
* Can demonstrate strong careers and successes in large complex, organisation in either Facilities Management / Energy Management, Building Services sector or sectors close to engineering support services.
* Comprehensive understanding of FM operational processes associated with a multi-location, international organisation.
* Expertise in the FM/operational field with strong services background and ability to operate and interact with key stakeholders.
* Thorough understanding of contracts and negotiation relative to the FM environment.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are required; proactive communication skills are a requisite in establishing and maintaining customer confidence.
* Proficiency in establishing and building client relationships to meet the departmental goals of the organisation.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.