NTW Multimodality Technologist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 8/8/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Multimodality Technologist is an experienced CT and Radiologic Technologist typically based in a free standing Imaging or Emergency Care Center who regularly, versus occasionally, performs a variety of routine and specialized diagnostic radiology procedures to include both X-ray and CT exams, of moderate to high complexity. Given the nature of the work environment necessitating great flexibility and teamwork, may also perform other job duties typically performed by others related to transporting patients, admissions and registration, receptionist, physician contact, charting and documentation, patient monitoring, vitals, IV starts, EKGs, and other as needed. A member of the direct patient care team, is fully competent in all aspects of various radiology procedures. Works independently exercising sound judgment and executing above average clinical skills on challenging diagnostic procedures and patient care situations. Provides direct assistance to physicians with all diagnostic / special procedures. Delivers exceptional patient care, teamwork, and adheres to radiation standards and guidelines established by radiology agencies to ensure optimal patient safety and customer service. Note: some duties and responsibilities may not be applicable or expected to a lesser degree for PRN status employees; evidenced with an * at the end of the item.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provides personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one another to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner. EF
2. Provides support to co-workers, physicians, patients and family members demonstrating flexibility in performing the activity required to meet the need of the individual. EF
1. Performs diagnostic radiology procedures to include X-ray and CT exams. CT exams use x-ray images and computer processing to generate pictures of tissue density through the patient's body. EF
2. Provides care for the physical needs of patients by executing various Radiologic and CT scan concepts to maximize performance. This includes: positioning, physiology, procedure preparation, and technical factors. Modifies technical factors to achieve desired imaging results and recognizes complications / limitations associated with certain procedures. Proactively identifies how to address these for optimum outcomes. EF
3. Provides direct assistance to physicians during diagnostic or special procedures, including assisting with sterile technique.
4. Performs what is required to meet the needs of patient care which may be one or more of the following: transporting, registration, admissions, answering phones, contacting physicians, taking/monitoring vital signs, EKGs, documenting, starting IVs, etc. EF
1. Follows radiation safety standards and conducts all imaging procedures accordingly. Properly utilizes patient radiation protection and immobilization during diagnostic procedures. Maintains proper sterile techniques for procedures, regularly practices aseptic techniques, and ensures compliance with infection control procedures. Complies with job, departmental and hospital safety standards, practices and policies. EF
2. Identifies opportunities for corrective action and process improvement providing recommendations, and contributes to meeting departmental and hospital targets for quality and safety. Reports near misses and inputs errors promptly into PSN to improve processes and identify trends.
3. Ensures all imaging equipment has had QC performed as required and is in safe working order prior to use. Reports any malfunctions to management and regularly practices preventive maintenance procedures; calls for service if needed. EF
4. Assists with implementation and education of departmental based safety initiatives and standards of practice*.
1. Provides accurate and complete documentation of patient procedures. Enters charges at the time service is delivered. EF
2. Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks.
1. Participates in departmental projects and shared governance activities*.
2. Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development as a Technologist.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
* Graduate of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved Radiology Technology Program
* At least 3 years experience as a Radiologic and CT Technologist
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
* American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiography (ARRT (R))
* Computed Tomography Registry thru ARRT (ARRT (CT))
* Registration as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT-GC) thru the Texas Medical Board
* American Heart Association BLS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills and competency assessments
* Exhibits flexibility, willingness, and skills to transition from Technologist specific job duties to handling administrative (registration, admissions, other office/clerical) duties necessary for the overall functioning of the operation; able to successfully function with limited support
* Ability to work independently; capable of handling challenging / difficult diagnostic procedures and patient care situations. Demonstrates sound judgment and executes above average clinical skills.
* Possesses basic computer knowledge; operates multiple computer systems to include, Hospital / Radiology Information Systems and Office software to maintain patient and exam documents.
* Exhibits strong interpersonal and team player skills with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers.
* Adapts to multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision including, organizing work flow and actively participating in problem-solving.
* Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
* Ability to effectively