Nurse Clinician, Cancer Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 12/14/2017
Meridian Health System, Inc
Red Bank, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONNURSE CLINICIAN, CANCER CENTER
NURSE CLINICIAN, CANCER CENTER
RIVERVIEW MEDICAL CENTER
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Nurse Clinician functions in several dimensions: practitioner, educator, leader, researcher, and consultant. As a knowledgeable practitioner, the Nurse Clinician demonstrates positive behavior and the ability to perform ongoing clinical assessment of the patient, establishes and implements a plan of care, and evaluates the outcome of that care, utilizing the nursing process. As an educator, the Nurse Clinician demonstrates behavior that includes assessing the educational needs and learning strategies of patients, families, and staff, and then plans, implements, and evaluates teaching. As a leader, the Nurse Clinician is responsible for motivating self and others to deliver and maintain care to the patient that best demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of the Meridian Health System through Professional excellence with personal concern. As a researcher, the Nurse Clinician utilizes the research process to promote quality patient care, promote the growth of knowledge in the nursing profession, and support evidence-based practice, and safety and quality improvement. As a consultant, the Nurse Clinician facilitates the interdisciplinary approach to achieve positive patient outcomes in the Cancer Center.
A day in the life of a Nurse Clinician at Meridian includes:
* Overseeing the education and onboarding of team members in the Cancer Center, including but not limited to annual competency, unit based competency, orientation, telemetry certification, chemotherapy certification and continuing education based on identified learning needs
* Functioning as an expert clinical nurse resource assisting team members, physicians, patients, and the community in new or complex interventions
* Acting as a role model by demonstrating current trends and providing professional development opportunities for team members
* Independently developing, implementing, and evaluating an educational plan to meet the needs of team members
* Actively participating in the research process and utilizes the information to further enhance patient care
* Functioning in the role of the clinical nurse specialist to nursing staff, administrators, physicians, and the community
* Facilitating patient teaching and support programs utilizing the nursing process
* Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
* Bachelors Degree in Nursing is required; enrollment in a Master's Program in Nursing required
* Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) is required
* ONS Chemotherapy certification is required
* Three (3) or more years of oncology nursing experience is required
* Telemetry certification and experience is preferred
* Nurse Educator Experience preferred
* Clinical Trial and Research education is preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.