Nurse Director of Medical/Oncology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/5/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 25325-13846
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center has 133-beds and all rooms are private and provide a wide range of in- and outpatient services, including 24-hour emergency care, obstetrics, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, cardiac catheterization and psychiatric care. Located on a 75-acre campus south of Fredericksburg on Interstate 95, the hospital recently won state approval to build a cancer treatment center, which will be built next to the Pogonia Medical Arts Building, an 80,000-square-foot medical office building attached to the hospital
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Manages the fiscal and clinical operations of assigned area(s) of responsibility and recommends sufficient number of qualified competent persons to provide care. Participates in outside source selection for needed services.
2. Integrates department services with the hospitals primary function maintaining communication with medical and nursing staffs, Administration, patients and their families/significant other. Coordinates and integrates services within departments.
3. Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support provision of services. Supervises nursing staff and assures staff competency.
4. Conducts ongoing assessment and improvement of the department s performance. Promotes the Quality Management program of the facility maintaining appropriate quality control programs (where applicable).
5. Develops, markets, implements, and evaluates new services and programs recommending space and resources needed. Participates in outside source selection for needed services.
6. Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
7. Develops goals and objectives for assigned area(s) of responsibility and participates in development of goals and objectives for the Nursing Department.
8. Provides for orientation, in-service training, and continuing education for persons in the department.
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Required- Three (3) years nursing experience; one (1) year of progressive leadership / management experience.
Preferred- Five (5) years nursing experience; two (2) years of progressive leadership / management experience in a healthcare facility.
Required- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
Preferred- A BSN or related health degree.
Required- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a registered nurse.
Required- Certification as an AHA BLS Healthcare Provider.
Last Edited: 09/18/2017