Nurse Practitioner - General Surgery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 6/5/2018
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 14363
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
In collaboration with an attending physician, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the direct care and follow-up of a population of patients that matches his/her scope of practice and skill set. The components of the role include clinical practice, consultation, professional development, education, and research.
The General Surgery Nurse Practitioner will manage general surgery patients post-operatively on the inpatient surgical unit, and rotate outpatient to manage the patient care in clinic. This position will require rotation: day / evening / weekend; and rotate working at the main hospital campus in West Philadelphia, and our satellite surgical center sites in King of Prussia, Brandywine, Chalfont, Pennsylvania, and potentially in Voorhees, New Jersey.
* Utilizes advanced assessment skills to manage a cohort of patients. Performs and documents daily assessments. Collects and analyzes data and formulates a family-centered plan of care.
* Performs any needed advanced procedures that are listed in the Scope of Practice Document and approved as a part of the credentialing process.
* Evaluates and monitors the effectiveness of the prescribed treatment plan. Using the most current evidence, modifies the plan of care based on the effectiveness of the treatment and the patient/family response to the plan.
* Serves as an educational resource to the patient/family, nursing staff, and provider team. Acts as a consultant to multidisciplinary health care team members.
* Participates in scholarly activities including research and education. Participates in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate educational offerings. Participates in the professional development of others. Acts as a preceptor and mentor to support the development of nurses, nurse practitioners, students, and other health care providers.
* Demonstrates a commitment to patient safety by speaking up about safety issues and changing practice to enhance safety. Shares errors or potential errors through system reporting mechanisms. Demonstrates shared accountability for safe practice.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
RN - Registered Nurse
Certificate of Prescriptive Authority
Licensure for Advanced Practice Role
CRNP - Cert Regist Nurse Prac License
National Certification - Nurse Practitioner
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: Master s degree or Doctorate from an ACEN and/or CCNE accredited graduate school of nursing as a Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. National Board Certification to match area of education. According to the CMS (Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services) a copy of diploma or transcript is required as proof of academic achievement for all non-laboratory personnel performing non-waived POC testing.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
Pediatric inpatient experience
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability To Work In An Inter-professional Team Setting With Multiple Responsibilities.
Ability To Use Computer And Electronic Medical Records Effectively.
Refer to Scope of Practice Document and Clinical Responsibilities Checklist for specific requirements of role.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.