NURSE PRACTITIONER - RediClinic Retail Partnership (FLOAT) 5/18/2017
Meridian Health System, Inc
Red Bank, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NURSE PRACTITIONER - REDICLINIC RETAIL PARTNERSHIP (FLOAT)
NURSE PRACTITIONER - REDICLINIC RETAIL PARTNERSHIP (FLOAT)
MERIDIAN MED GRP-RETAIL CLN PC
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Meridian Health will be opening retail clinics to provide episodic walk-in care to patients. There will be a number of locations throughout Meridian's service area, and we are in search of best in class clinicians to provide care to our patients.
This position assesses the health status of ambulatory patients 18 months and older. Diagnoses and treats routine medical conditions and prescribe medications when necessary. Provides patients with health education and referrals as needed. Operates under the guidelines and/or protocols set forth by the organization and works to enhance the patient experience. This role reports to the Clinical Manager and District Manager and maintains a peer relationship with other clinicians.
* Maintains clinical competency in accordance with all applicable company policies, procedures, and clinical guidelines.
* Conducts comprehensive health assessments, identifies normal/abnormal health characteristics, initiates appropriate care and evaluates care outcomes. Uses judgment to work as defined by the guidelines and/or protocol to collaborate with the oversight physician to manage client care.
* Identifies opportunities to improve patient s health and offer the appropriate medical tests, test panels, health screenings and other personal health management services that are offered to patients.
* Phlebotomy and vaccine administration
* Looks for ways to enhance clinical skills and seeks the appropriate channels to refine skills.
* Ensures each patient is treated with respect, dignity, and with a positive attitude.
* Ensures clinic is clean and orderly and presents a quality image to customers.
* Review clinical inbox for patient escalation and conducts random follow up calls to customers.
* Proactively discusses health education and referrals with patients as needed to meet their immediate health care needs. Consistently provides quality health care services and demonstrates outstanding patient service.
* Ensures patients are informed of wait times and when he/she will be seen for treatment.
* Understands and can perform the patient registration process
* Aides with patient throughput and flow
* Identifies patient clinical issues, resolve issues within scope, and escalate issues, when appropriate, to Clinical Manager
* Masters Degree in Nursing
* APN Certification
* Must have RN licensure and be board certified nurse practitioner
* APN authorization in the state where employed to practice in Family Health by the Board of Nurse Examiners
* 2+ years of advanced nursing in family practice/clinical settings preferred
* Must be proficient in the use of all medical instruments and equipment required by the work
* Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as medical records and point-of-interview technology
* Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form, with retail and medical partners at various levels, patients, family members, physicians and representatives of the community
* Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations including HIPAA and OSHA
Experience in marketing, sales and/or customer service highly desired
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.