Nurse Practitioner - Sepsis Coordinator 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00187-5236
Valley Regional Medical Center Brownsville, TX
Nurse Practitioner - Sepsis Coordinator
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. VALLEY REGIONAL is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
* 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
* Open Heart Surgery
* Women s Services
* Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER is currently looking for a NURSE PRACTITIONER - SEPSIS COORDINATOR.
* 24 hour responsibility for the sepsis program
* Works in collaboration with the medical and hospital staff to provide multidisciplinary care to the septic patient
* Provides clinical, professional expertise for patients, families and staff members
* Scope of practice includes providing organized care to the patient with sepsis with focus on health promotion and disease prevention
* Functions as an educator and coordinates care in critical care/sepsis patient care management, ensuring optimal patient care management and outcomes
* Collect and analyze data surrounding the sepsis patients to assist with documentation, coding, clinical care, and outcomes.
* Facilitates development and refines the sepsis protocol to become the standard of care within the facility, while providing and participating in the quality improvement process
* Applies good verbal and nonverbal skills to achieve service goals of customer service and satisfaction.
* Collaborates with all members of the interdisciplinary team to achieve productive movement of the best practices within the organization.
* Maintains active involvement in nursing and hospital committees as necessary.
* Graduate of Nursing Advanced Practice Program
* Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of infection control, critical care, and critical care protocols
* Current licensure by the State of Texas.
* State RN licensure
* APN licensure
* Current BCLS and ACLS
Last Edited: 09/18/2017