Registered Nurse (RN) - Patient Experience Analytics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/1/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 06766-55611
* Align division-level nursing analytics with the enterprise framework established by the Nursing Data Ecosystem
* Support corporate strategies by utilizing the corporate-level shared-services analytics methodology
* Ensure standardized nursing department classifications and mappings that align with corporate and industry framework, in order to ensure standards of comparisons amongst nursing units
* Provide feedback to corporate and division on initiatives and rate of change improvement on tactical action plans
* Provide feedback on corporate and division-level metrics (e.g., turnover, contract labor, etc.)
* Responsible for ensuring division-level data integrity and validation of nursing-related metrics, including all strategic initiatives
* Accountable for consistent and accountable data flow and quality that aligns with enterprise standards
* Accountable for the facility-level integration and utilization of all Nursing Data Ecosystem tools
* Responsible for approving, maintaining, and auditing the roles and access levels of Nursing Data Ecosystem tool users within the division.
* Analyze costs and benefits of proposed designs or projects
* Collaborate across functions (e.g., finance, PI, HR, Quality) to assess and inform nursing clinical practice, administrative data, and clinical operations in order to answer unit, facility, and division-level business questions
* Engage with individual facilities to identify unique clinical/operational needs and assist with development of action plans that are consistent with the mission of HCA
* Operationalize the analytics processes and data work of the Nursing Data Ecosystem collaboratively with the DCNE
* Work together with peers and the corporate Nursing Data Ecosystem team to guide the scope and content management for development of the Self-Serve Analytics Platform.
* Provide regular analytics, insights, and reporting for nursing-related metrics at the division and facility levels
* Monitor nursing data, report areas of change/focus, and provide a recommendation/action plan for improvement, derived from analytic methods
* Interpret business data for the purpose of identifying patterns, trends, and variances across company operations
* Work collaboratively with facility, division and corporate leadership to ensure the data characteristics of veracity, velocity, volume, variety, and value are informed by nursing science and focused on patient-centric process improvement.
* Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Champion the Nursing Data Ecosystem tools and methods for successful integration into nursing workflows
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing
* Master's degree in Health Informatics, Business Administration, or Data Science
* 5+ years of experience in hospital analytics
* Skill in grasping the complexities and understanding intricate relationships among issues or problems.
* Skill in recognizing gaps in existing information that is important for fully understanding an issue or problem.
* The ability to use database/visualization software to enter, retrieve, sort, and filter information as necessary for reporting or report generation.
* The ability to use intermediate/advanced features of data visualization software to analyze data including formatting summary tables, creating graphs and charts, and making calculations
* The ability to plan and manage projects, including assigned personnel, multiple competing projects, or resource demands to meet project deadlines, on time and within budget
* The ability to be a servant leader to nursing services at the division-level to support strategic initiatives, nursing practice, nursing care delivery models, and research
* The ability to work collaboratively in the shared space of data with other reporting and analytics experts
* Informatics Certification- Preferred
Last Edited: 09/18/2017