This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/20/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONOFFICE SPECIALIST
At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results* Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of \\"Leadership\\" and \\"Foundation\\" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
The Office Specialist is responsible for releasing poly film, and boxes for the daily packaging runs for production. Works with the Darien Team towards the achievement of plant and corporate goals. Checks the requested items for film and case supply.
* Release poly and other packaging from vendors to cover production for the Darien plant BRD, FSH, Steamfresh, Voila, Swanson, Mckenzie, box sauce cartons, single serve cartons, trays, tray lidding, bin liners, zipper, pouch lidding and forming web
* Order cases from vendor to cover all production in Darien
* Plan production for sauce chip and pouch lines
* Order ingredients from vendors to cover all sauce production chip, pouch and tray
* Create daily staging lists and production reports for chip and pouch lines
* Track ingredient expiration dates to ensure usage before expiration
* Attend new design/product launch meetings and coordinate run out of poly/cases/chips/pouches when items are being re-designed or discontinued and order components for new items
* Manage obsolete inventory poly, cases and ingredients
* Work with R&D on trials and start-up of new sauce items
* Create SCARs and contact vendors for problems related to poly, cases and ingredients
* Preparing reports, tracking poly and case usage, maintaining inventory adjustments and error corrections.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, ability to work in a team environment, has a problem solving mindset. Work well in fast paced environment. Ability to prioritize. Has the ability to work a flexible schedule from time to time. Flexible to work occasional weekends as needed, especially in summer months. Once trained, must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Position requires good communication and technical skills and attention to detail. Job functions must be performed with the highest degree of integrity.
* Process all paperwork in a timely manner. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public.
* Associates degree or its equivalent is a plus and at least two years of clerical experience in a manufacturing environment; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Has the ability to work as part of a large team, in a team environment. Be part of problem analysis and resolution.
* Preparing reports, tracking poly and case usage, maintaining inventory adjustments and error corrections. Experience with SAP/Oracle systems preferred
* Demonstrated proficient with Microsoft Office. Be able to work in cold conditions. Experience in Food Manufacturing is a plus.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.