Operating Engineer 9/20/2017
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYResponsible for ensuring the efficient operation and maintenance of mechanical and/or electrical equipment and housekeeping for assigned properties.
* Perform all plumbing, electrical, or HVAC requirements of the building.
* Maintain water heaters, chillers, pumps, heat pumps and air handlers etc.
* Monitor and adjust all mechanical and electronic VAV controls, distribution panels, chill water valves, thermostats, diffusers, and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings
* Monitor Energy Management and make adjustments as required.
* Repair doors, ceilings, hand railings, and floors.
* Perform preventive maintenance duties, including changing filters, greasing motors, replacing light fixtures, inspecting and adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning shafts and annual inspections as directed by the manufacturers recommendations.
* Inspect Generator Engine and related equipment, garage exhaust fan repairs, cooling tower maintenance and chemical treatment for condenser water open loops, all motors, house pumps, and sump pumps.
* Document and report activities to supervisor.
* Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns
* Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits
* Graduate of apprentice program or trade school
* 2+ years of related work experience in operating mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems in a commercial property setting
* Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses
* Or any similar combination of education and experience
* May be required to have certification as a Universal Technician for CFCs depending on market licensure requirements
* Possess and maintain a valid driver s license and good driving record with periodic checks
* Background checks may be required by client
* Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties
* Ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
* Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
* Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
* Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
* Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
* Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings and schematics
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat ive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..