Operating Engineer 9/19/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Auto Req ID
JLL is seeking an Operating Engineer. The Operating Engineer will have a strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all systems. The responsibilities of the position will require demonstrated technical expertise in multiple craft areas (Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Central Utility Plant Operations).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform maintenance, monitoring and repairs to all building systems including: fire/life safety, mechanical (HVAC, plumbing, controls), electrical (lighting, UPS, PDU, generators, primary switch gear), emergency backup systems and hot water system.
* Responsibility for facility services, re-active service, preventive maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance.
* Review monthly client service request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems.
* Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings. Provide advance training and notification to all contractors so that they are informed and knowledgeable with respects to the building s critical functions and the work they are to perform including an incident contact response list.
* Evaluate vendors and suppliers on a regular basis with regard to quality
* Understand and comply with emergency escalation procedures.
* Ensure the CWAP (Critical Work Authorization Process) is a well understood process among the building staff, engineers, tenants and contractors who perform work on the building s critical infrastructure.
* Strict adherence to Critical Awareness Process, technical bulletins, established engineering guidelines, processes and procedures.
* Ability to develop MOP s, EOP , or SOP s for specific applications at assigned locations.
* Responsible for keeping records of buildings rounds and readings, all engineering logs and engineering data sheets.
* Verify the accuracy of deliveries for count, pricing and description.
* Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials; maintain a clean and safe workplace.
* Perform periodic checks of tool and instrument inventory.
* Perform additional job duties as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Must have experience in a data center/critical facility including UPS systems, emergency generators and switch-gear.
* Demonstrated written/verbal communication skills.
* Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service.
* Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel preferred.
* Ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
* Must be available for call-in work.
* High School diploma or GED equivalent, with two years of trade school in electrical system design, refrigeration and HVAC.
* Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC s preferred
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.