This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 1/8/2018
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
About the Company
Since 1843, we ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world s most valuable things.
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency.
No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we ll keep making it work.
Responsible for service support and service delivery disciplines for Stanley Black & Decker s technology infrastructure. Focusing on users of IT services, ensures that everyone has access to the appropriate services to support business functions. Focusing on businesses as IT s customer, concentrates on proactive services IT must deliver to provide adequate support to business users.
Responsible for IT Operations process management, including one or more of the following: analysis, development, documentation, monitoring and execution of IT policies and procedures.
This role will cover the first 1st shift, from 8:00 a.m. pacific to 5:00 p.m/PST, and a part of the 2nd shift. From 8:00 a.m. pacific to 5:00 p.m/PST.
* Responsible for governance and/or ownership of IT service management processes.
* Responsible for execution of core IT service management processes such as incident management, change management, problem management, service level management, and configuration management.
* Responsible for communication and notification to IT support groups and management of status of high severity issues and complex changes.
* Communicates with all stakeholders (customers, delivery teams, end users, etc.) to address system issues.
* Executes critical event management (severity level 1 and 2), and/or change management processes.
* Plans and conducts cross-functional root cause analysis studies for high severity problems and failed changes.
* Provides single point of focus for all IT services clients to request services and report problems.
* Disseminates information to the organization regarding planned outages and/or implementation of changes impacting production services.
Required Skills & Experience
* Basic understanding of service support and service delivery principles & methodologies.
* Knowledge of common hardware, operating systems, networking , servers, storage and database technologies.
* Basic understanding of standard problem solving methodologies.
* Basic understanding of customer service principles.
* Applies standard problem solving methodologies in solving problems.
* Generally uses existing procedures to resolve common problems.
* Works under general direction, seeks assistance as needed.
* Completes work in accordance with accepted practices within field.
* Conveys information in a concise and professional manner.
* Asks effective questions and solicits feedback to understand needs.
* 0-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Basic understanding of operating systems, database, server, storage and networking technologies.
* Basic understanding of service delivery practices.
* Basic understanding of service support practices.
* Basic understanding of customer service practices.
* Good working knowledge of administrative and operational software programs.
* Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computer Sciences or a related field and 0-2 years relevant experience , or
* Associate Degree may be accepted for junior support positions
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.