Operations Center Accounting Manager 10/12/2017
Sempra Infrastructure, LLC
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Area of Interest:
Responsible for providing Sempra LNG & Midstream s (LNG&M) Operations Center with financial corporate governance over all its operations as required by the LNG&M business unit, Sempra Infrastructure, Sempra Energy, and external interested parties and stakeholders in the US and Mexico.
The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.
Manage and lead the Operations Center accounting close consistent with Sempra LNG & Midstream s business unit, Sempra Infrastructure and Sempra Energy s accounting practices and generally accepted accounting principles.
* Manage monthly accounting for Operations Center activities, including, energy management arrangements, inventory valuation, mark-to-market of financial instruments, hedge accounting
* Leads development, implementation and continuous improvement of systems and procedures that facilitate accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of the monthly accounting close and reporting cycle.
* Ensure timely and accurate monthly reconciliation of accounting records to trade capture and risk management systems
* Prepares and/or reviews financial reporting packages and periodic financial statement disclosures (10-Q/10-K) for the Operations Center.
* Serves as liaison to assist Business Unit and Corporate executives, auditors and tax professionals and coordinates, prepares, and presents information requests and analyses.
* Research and document technical accounting issues in accordance with US GAAP related to BU transactions. Coordinate the receipt and review of financial information with other Sempra LNG & Midstream,
* Sempra Infrastructure and Sempra Energy accounting teams.
* Coordinate Sempra Energy s tax, treasury and legal services as it relates to Sempra LNG & Midstream s Operations Center accounting activities and policies
* Document accounting cycles and insures that the accounting records and controls are SOX compliant.
Controls and Compliance:
* Reviews, implements, and enhances systems and processes to provide visibility, control, and compliance with company policy and to minimize manual recording effort.
* Coordinate SOX 404 compliance. Ensure accounting cycles are documented and that the accounting records and controls are SOX compliant.
* Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or business administration required
* Masters degree preferred
* CPA, CMA, MBA and/or other professional certificates preferred
* 10+ years accounting and industry experience with knowledge of advanced accounting and financial theory required
* Must be able to convey in verbal and original written correspondence and reports, complex technical matter in a clear and concise manner for a broad audience, from executive management to those with little industry knowledge.
* Must have comprehensive understanding of the 'Big Picture'.
* Must have natural gas and/or power industry experience.
* Requires a thorough knowledge of 'generally accepted accounting principles', particularly accounting for derivatives and hedging, fair value measurement, and related topics. Must possess strong negotiation and interpersonal skills to persuade and influence those with different opinions.
* Requires familiarity with financial systems (Microsoft Dynamics 365) and energy and commodities trading software (Open Link Endur).
Must have skills in leadership and teambuilding, organizing, planning and controlling, coordinating, and delegating to effectively manage and develop staff and achieve organizational goals. * Must have the ability to work in a large complex organization and to build both internal and external relationships to achieve desired objectives.
488 8th Ave
State / Province:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.