Operations Planner-2nd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 2/11/2018
UTi Worldwide Inc.
DSV Solutions Division
The Operations Planner is responsible for the planning and directing of all logistics activity while applying all quality rules and defined procedures. The Operations Planner will review wave orders and allocate ship and delivery times based on volumes and schedules.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepare orders for inbound orders
* Prepare allocations for outbound orders
* Execute Replenishments
* Align communication between team leads and clerical support
* Solve discrepancies in WMS
* Answer incoming telephone calls in a cheerful, courteous, and timely manner.
* Assist drivers at check in window various times though out the day.
* Responding to carriers via telephone and/or email
* Reporting data on planned and executed orders daily
* Operations Planner may be expect to cross train in other administrative/operational staff functions to support the site and contribute to associate development.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* 1 year experience in planning inbound and outbound orders
* 1 year experience working with WMS
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Intermediate computer skills
* Proficient with MS Office Applications
* WMS functions
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Business writing proficiency
* Intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products.
* Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a timely manner.
* Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to take initiative and research best practices/efficiencies
* Effective communication skills
* Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
* 1 year experience with Red Prairie/Cargo Write WMS
* 2-3 years warehouse/logistics support experience with planning of shipping/receiving orders
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to sit/stand for up to 8 hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of the Company to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, liability for military service, or any other factor prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.