Operator (Gold Canyon - 09/2017) 9/16/2017
Liberty Utilities (Canada) Corp
Gold Canyon, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE:
Operator (Gold Canyon - 09/2017)
Gold Canyon, AZ
Aids in training operators in technical functions in relation to process control and operations. Duties include implementation of process monitoring, and equipment operation, troubleshooting and maintenance. Evaluates laboratory process control data and recommends specific course of action to maintain process control. Conducts, administers, and supervisors all company work related efforts and activities within the rules, regulations and responsibilities of the most current Company safety policies and OSHA regulation. Performs administrative work such as recording and graphing process data changes on a daily basis. Maintains, creates and trains staff to the proper standard operating procedures (SOP) for process laboratory work.
* Aids the water supervisor in plant operation team tasks by assigning and performing daily operation, maintenance and repair tasks, reviewing computer-generated maintenance assignments, and complying with standard operating procedures. Includes sampling and laboratory testing for regulatory compliance.
* Trains operators in technical functions and operations by conducting technical training on all plant equipment and instruments, writing training standards and qualifications, and instructing on microbiology and plant process control, plant operations, safety, and equipment operations. Practices performance coaching, and encouraging operators to offer innovative ideas in the area of plant control.
* Performs administrative work, writes plant directives, recommends improvements on processes and procedures, investigates new process treatment technologies and makes recommendations based on findings. May implement improvements. Performs daily evaluation of process control results, and makes operational changes as necessary for efficiency, safety, and quality control.
* Performs other duties as required, including occasional operating, testing, maintenance and repair tasks. May be called upon to assist other divisions within the Infrastructure Division, or to assist inspections by regulatory agencies.
* Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative, or technical nature which may be obtained with two years of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency. Junior college, vocational, business, technical or correspondence schools are likely sources. Appropriate certification may be awarded upon satisfactory completion of advanced study or training.
* One to five years of experience in wastewater operations
* Valid state driver s license
* Current ADEQ Grade I, II or III Wastewater Treatment Certification. Certification must be kept current throughout employment.