Packer 2 10/12/2017
Church & Dwight
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
We currently have an excellent opportunity available on our Packaging team at our Ridgefield, WA plant! Our Packer 2 positions operate packaging machines and equipment under general supervision. The following shifts are available:
3rd Shift = Friday through Sunday and every other Thursday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM
1st Shift = Monday through Wednesday and every other Thursday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure proper clean room attire Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn.
* Retrieve, review and follow Work Order requirements.
* Record information in a Equipment Use Log and enter data in a computer database system to meet Work Order requirements.
* Complete the Work Order using bulk and bottles supplied by the Lead then return any unused materials to the Lead after order completion.
* Set up machines for use, including: verifying the correct bottles are used, ensuring the proper fixtures are installed; notifying the maintenance technician if fixtures need to be re-fitted per order requirements; and checking the scales for correct weights and adjusting as needed.
* Operate machines to fill bottles of product.
* Monitor the machine during operation and make necessary adjustments to maintain the required output.
* Monitor the bulk to ensure the supply is steady and sufficient for the order.
* Monitor incoming bottles to ensure positive pressure of bottles is maintained to avoid jams.
* Keep the machine, and surrounding area of the clean room, clean at all times.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess a high school diploma or GED and/or any equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job and the ability to work from either our Ridgefield or Vancouver facility. The candidate s experience should include the following:
* Knowledge of finished goods release procedures.
* Knowledge of Work Order completion procedures, including identification, inventory and return of unused materials.
* Ability to sort, count, and verify product quantities.
* Ability to complete paperwork accurately.
* Ability to read and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
* Ability to analyze and solve problems.
* Ability to receive, track and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
* Ability to detect problems or flawed products and report information to appropriate personnel.
* Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infraction control standards.
* Ability to perform moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for more than up to twelve (12) hours per shift and lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.