Paper Machine Shift Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 3/8/2018
Port Huron, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID #: 1525
Location: USA - MI - Port Huron
Functional Area: Manufacturing
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: High School Diploma
Experience Required: 5 +years
Domtar is currently seeking a Shift Leader for the Port Huron, MI mill. The mill is a four machine non-integrated operation producing 115,000 tons of lightweight specialty and printing papers annually. End uses for Port Huron products include packaging and converting grades for quick-serve foods, candy, and medical market segments, as well as papers for various books, catalogs, and financial publications.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Shift Leader reports to the department team lead and is responsible to direct, coach, guide and motivate team members while ensuring proper training has been provided as detailed within the qualifications process for all bargaining unit employees. As the shift lead you will ensure that safety, productivity and quality are maintained through the effective organization and use of personnel, raw materials and machinery. The successful candidate must be able to anticipate potential problems and use all available resources to prevent or solve these problems. You will be able to inspire safety through the consistent application of mill safety rules, organization and scheduling of safety training, and the timely completion of corrective safety issues while maintaining a productive operation.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements for consideration:
* Must be able to organize time, budget, and people
* Be self-motivated / recognizes and initiates needed work without direction
* Excellent analytical, verbal interpersonal and reasoning skills
* Ability to create and maintain a respectful, productive environment for all employees
* Utilize employee engagement to support implementation of new processes and methods and ongoing change management
* Be able to multi-task
* Work across boundaries to accomplish necessary work
* Trouble shooting ability
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 5-10 years of paper making experience
* Previous leadership experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Back to top