Paper Machine Shift Supervisor 10/10/2017
Stevens Point, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Supervise and lead manufacturing crews, including paper machine, coating, calendering, and other support areas. Deliver improved results by providing strong leadership through setting direction and managing systems to meet or exceed performance and safety expectations.
Selected candidate will provide relief to shift supervisors who work a 6 days on 2 days off rotation, filling of these vacancies may result in multiple shifts in the same week. When not relieving, incumbent will work on process improvement projects.
* Promote safety, productivity, external quality, cost, training, environmental and housekeeping performance of your crew that results in the success of our business.
* Supervise crews across area of responsibility.
* Plan, Check, Do, Act that systems are being followed for safety, quality, productivity, etc. and coach as needed for improvement.
* Support and monitor ODR processes and ensure routes are being completed.
* Effectively use and support mill systems such as work notification processes, shift log books and computerized data management systems such as Aspentech data historian and PVR centerlining (process variability reduction).
* Investigate safety incidents and complete appropriate follow-up tasks.
* Conduct new and probationary employee evaluations serving as the gate-keeper for excellent employees to remain at the Stevens Point mill.
* Administer the labor agreement, policies and work rules with the crews.
* Ensure that effective and efficient training utilizing the OJT process is taking place and skill verification and is documented in appropriate systems.
* Conduct formal walk-around of entire area of responsibility.
* Update and/or facilitate the updating of training documents in DMS through management of change.
* Work effectively with different groups of the mill site including maintenance, shipping, and quality.
* Work with scheduler to get training resources where they are needed.
* Assist in planning and executing efficient downtimes.
* Assist in evaluation of new equipment and machine trials.
* Coordinate coverage for last minute vacancies.
* Strong influencing and communication skills
* Managerial courage to hold people accountable for safe and productive performance
* Ability to move freely about the mill, climb ladders and stairs.
* Work beyond normal works schedule as necessary to fulfill position responsibilities
* Bachelor s Degree in pulp and paper, chemical engineering or mechanical engineering.
* At least three years of experience in paper mill operations on paper machines or coaters.
* Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Stevens Point, Wisconsin, United States