Paralegal - Commercial Contract and Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/7/2018
Long Island City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPARALEGAL - COMMERCIAL CONTRACT AND COMPLIANCE
Job ID: 2017-15850
Location: Long Island City, NY
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Commercial contract and compliance paralegal will provide important support to the legal department and the business in reviewing, assessing, and commenting on vendor agreements and other contracts; managing changes, updates, amendments to contracts; escalating, as appropriate, key issues in commercial agreements for attorney review; providing independent insight and review of contract policies, forms, and practices to improve operations within the legal group and the company as a whole. This role will interact with a wide range of senior business leaders on a variety of subjects, work with a number of different attorneys, and manage an important portfolio of assignments and self-supervised activities. The paralegal in this position is a key member of the legal team and an important direct source of contact between the department and various business units engaged in commercial transactions.
The role is currently based Bethpage, NY with a future location change to Long Island City, NY in 2018.
* B.A. degree or equivalent experience. Bar certified Paralegal certificate preferred.
* Five (5) years relevant experience preferred. Law firm experience preferred.
* Demonstrated history of independently reviewing, assessing and revising commercial contracts with and without attorney supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to achieve business goals.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently.
* Demonstrated creative, flexible problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated ability to assist in the movement of projects through a corporate organization.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
* Excellent organizational skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace..