Paralegal - Commercial Contract, Litigation and Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/8/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPARALEGAL - COMMERCIAL CONTRACT, LITIGATION AND COMPLIANCE
Job ID: 2017-15982
Location: Bethpage, NY
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
A senior commercial contract, litigation and compliance paralegal will provide critical support to the legal department and the business in reviewing, assessing, and commenting on vendor agreements and other contracts; managing changes, updates, amendments to contracts; escalating, as appropriate, key issues in commercial agreements for attorney review; providing independent insight and review of contract policies, forms, and practices to improve operations within the legal group and the company as a whole. This paralegal will interact with a wide range of senior business leaders on a variety of subjects, work with and balance priorities of a number of attorneys, and manage an important portfolio of assignments and self-supervised work. The paralegal in this position is a key member of the legal team and an important direct source of contact between the legal department and business units engaged in commercial transactions. This position will provide leadership, with minimal supervision of attorneys, in the management, administration, review and drafting of at-times challenging vendor and technology contracts. Review and modify terms in agreements to ensure clear, understandable business terms and coordinate input and information from business leaders in support of commercial contracting activities. Prepare vendor agreements; prepare and perform initial review of letters, contract amendments, and related materials with minimal supervision from attorneys. Help manage and keep abreast of legal policies and related contract addenda related to the various types of commercial arrangements entered into by the company. Review, coordinate, and assist with regulatory filings. Track contract changes, updates, and histories for complex commercial arrangements. Maintain document control and tracking generally for contracts on behalf of legal department, etc.
The role is currently based Bethpage, NY with a future location change to Long Island City, NY in 2018.
* B.A. degree or equivalent experience. Bar certified Paralegal certificate preferred.
* Seven (7) years relevant experience preferred. Law firm experience preferred.
* Demonstrated history of proactive guidance on legal and business issues.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and to prioritize competing demands from business clients and attorneys.
* Subject matter expert on commercial agreements providing independent review and revision with and without attorney supervision.
* Demonstrated creative, flexible problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated ability to assist in the movement of projects through a corporate organization.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
* Excellent organizational skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace..