This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 2/20/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 103049
American Medical Response
Capital Region Maryland, DC, & Northern Virginia
AMR is offering a $4,500 sign-on bonus for full-time Paramedics
Based in Lansdowne / Elkridge, MD area
The AMR Capital Region provides transportation services in the DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia areas. AMR medical services include Inter Facility Transports (IFT), Critical Care Transports (CCT), Special Event Standbys and 911 services. Employees joining the AMR Capital Region are trained within the IFT and Special Events area and as opportunities arise may aspire to join the CCT and 911 transport areas.
The paramedic provides basic and advanced life support services to patients as they are being transported between medical facilities and in a pre-hospital environment. The paramedic utilizes advanced medical equipment such as powered stretchers, laptop computers, cardiac monitors, wave form capnography, ventilators, and IV pumps to provide high quality patient care.
* Assess each call situation to determine the best course of action and appropriate protocol
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures
* Communicate with sending facility and receiving facility to provide critical information
* Communicate with patients' medical professionals, and loved ones to provide information and assurance that outstanding care is being given and to show compassion
* Act as a team leader and take responsibility for scene management and direct patient care as needed
* Utilizing electronic patient charting, document medical need, patient assessments and treatments delivered
* Operate ambulances in accordance with company driving policies
* Communicate with dispatch regarding call data and customer feedback
* Monitor and maintain the general condition of the ambulance, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response and to maintain the image of AMR
* Participate in community programs to maintain AMR s image and establish strong community relations
* Maintain a professional image and appearance while on duty
* Maintain prompt and regular attendance
* Other duties as defined in the job description
* NREMT-P, MD-P, ACLS, Provider CPR, valid driver s license