Part Time Bakery Outlet Clerk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/9/2017
END DATE 1/29/2018
Bimbo Bakeries USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPart Time Bakery Outlet Clerk
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold , Brownberry or Oroweat bread* A Thomas English muffin or bagel* Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee , Entenmann s or Marinela cake or donut* If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world s largest baking company with operations in 22 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA employs 21,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
* Attend to the customer's needs, handle cash, merchandise/rotate company product and reconcile daily sales.
* Greet customers, maintain an awareness, assist with selection of product when requested or when customer need is apparent.
* Have a thorough understanding of product availability, ingredients and nutritional information. Communicate this information to the customers.
* Answer the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner.
* Insure that customer service goals and standards are maintained and superior customer service is delivered at all times.
* Operate the cash register effectively and handle cash and change within company policy.
* Assure stock levels on the sales floor are maintained at all times. Accept Route Sales returns and stock onto shelves in assigned place.
* Maintain product pricing, signage and coding on the sales floor.
* Perform store cleaning regularly to insure store exceeds all cleanliness standards.
* Maintain cleanliness of the parking lot and all garbage areas in an acceptable condition.
* Maintain a clean, neat work area, disposing of cardboard and garbage in the proper manner.
* Insure that carts and baskets are neat, in order at all times.
* Maintain a safe working environment for customers and fellow employees.
* Follow all safe working practices.
* Prepare for and participate in counting store physical inventory.
* Participate in store Team meetings and training.
* React to all business needs promptly and with a sense of urgency.
* Communicate effectively with store management and fellow employees to assure customers' needs are met and the store operates effectively.
* Perform other duties or tasks as requested.
* Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
* Prior experience (minimum 1 year) in retail sales, good communication skills and experience working with the public.
* Must be able to read, write and communicate in English in order to understand work and safety instructions.
* Must be able to perform simple arithmetic calculations to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
* Must be able to operate a cash register, take cash and make change.
* Must have basic computer skills and learn how to run a credit card machine.
* Must be able to work independently without direct supervision or assistance.
* May be assigned special tasks by supervisor.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.