Part-Time Material Handler
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 2/21/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Job Summary: Under general supervision, this *PART-TIME* position is responsible for inspecting, filling, off-loading rail, and loading propane cylinders for drivers and customers. The incumbent must be able to work independently and lift up to 75 pounds without assistance. This position typical requires a high school diploma and one year of work experience.
**This is a PART-TIME position**
* Inspects, repairs and loads cylinders.
* Handles and maintains flow of materials and products under safety guidelines.
* Scrapes and paints cylinders and tanks as needed.
* Maintains Service Center office and plant or yard for a professional appearance.
* When applicable, fills cylinders and services customers at the dock.
* Promotes safety and customer satisfaction.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* One year of work experience.
* At least 18 years of age
* Valid driver's license with good driving record.
* Must pass background check, Physical abilities test and drug screen
* Genuine commitment to providing superior customer service.
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.
Keywords: warehouse, load, unload, entry level, labor, propane, LP, transportation, forklift, cylinders, tanks, service, maintenance, repair, propane, LP, set tanks, hazmat, install