Part-time Merchandising Assoc 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
WHO WE RE LOOKING FOR
American Girl Boston is looking for a dynamic individual as a Part-time Merchandise Associate to execute American Girl s visual standards at the retail store level. This position entails new product launches and initiatives, seasonal floor sets, changes to floor due to product availability, daily maintenance of product displays, and adherence to the organization s visual high standards.
* Assist visual merchandising manager in the execution of display window changes, merchandise changes and planogram layouts, and graphic changes.
* Create dynamic displays using dolls and complementary product. Keep current on product knowledge.
* Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing tasks based on business need and to troubleshoot when product availability becomes an issue.
* Maintain the overall visual and merchandising standards of the store consistent with the organization s vision of the brand.
* Develop and maintain positive, cooperative relationships with staff, management, and corporate partners. Provide assistance to customers as needed.
* Stock merchandise when needed.
Experience, Education & Skills
* Bachelor s degree, preferred.
* 1 2 years of successful work experience in retail merchandising, retail, or related field which includes expertise in customer service, preferred.
* Manual skills in doll styling, straight blade cutting, and minor assembly, preferred.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, experiences, and entertainment to empower and unite girls of all ages. Best-selling lines include Truly Me , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , WellieWishers , and the classic historical character line BeForever . American Girl s mission is to help build girls of strong character a goal that has already earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of their parents and educators. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores nationwide. Select American Girl product is also sold via Toys R Us. Outside of the U.S, American Girl products are sold at specialty boutiques with Indigo and Chapters in Canada and with El Palacio de Hierro in Mexico City. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer