Patient Account Rep III- Medicare/Medicaid Billing & Claims Follow-up
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/14/2017
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Performs billing or collection activities for Patient Accounts. Responsible for initial submission of third party payer claims, or follow-up and collection of third party payer claims, self pay accounts or legal/liability/workers compensation accounts. Uses a variety of electronic systems in the course of this work. May serve as a mentor for less experienced staff members.
* High school diploma or the equivalent with a minimum of twenty college credits: Two years of experience in a healthcare setting may be used instead of college credits.
* Three years minimum experience in a hospital business office, physician's office, or insurance billing environment. Or a total of five years of experience.
* Must have computer literacy and math aptitude, and the ability to use 10-key calculator, computer key board, and basic software applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
* Knowledge of medical terminology and ICD9/CPT4 coding.
* Good Oral and written communication skills
8:00AM - 4:30PM