PATIENT ACCOUNTS REP 9/19/2017
Meridian Health System, Inc
Tinton Falls, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PATIENT ACCOUNTS REP
PATIENT ACCOUNTS REP
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Responsible for billing and follow up. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of all submissions for maximum reimbursement in order to meet departmental cash goals and AR days.
* Team member will be responsible for billing functions related to the JSUMC receivable.
* This will include working all payers including Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care, NF, and WC.
* Team member must be able to work and address all payment discrepancies for all payers including credits, refunds, disputed and denied claims.
* Will be responsible to work and address accounts through a variety of hospital systems.
* High school diploma or equivalent is required.
* One year Billing experience in a hospital setting preferred. General knowledge of all payment and adjustment codes including denials and disputed.
* Knowledge of all Patient Accounting systems including PTIQ, EDM, MEDA, X-claims, Insurance websites, and Med Metrix.
* Must have strong follow up skills in order to identify, track and resolve payment discrepancies through claims adjustments.
* Knowledge of DRG schemes, Managed Care contracts, as well as ICD9 and ICD10 to ensure accurate reimbursement along with APC rates.
* Must also have knowledge of CMS regulations and guidelines.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, PC proficiency, must be skilled in Microsoft applications, especially Word and Excel and the ability to multitask and handle heavy volumes.
* Must have strong analytical skills and general knowledge in all areas of the Revenue Cycle.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.