Patient Care Assistant - Float Pool - Nights
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 7/18/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Patient Care Assistant works in partnership with the licensed nurse to support the delivery of care in an environment that promotes caring and healing. The Patient Care Assistant demonstrates basic knowledge and skills necessary to communicate appropriately and carry out delegated tasks for age specific populations under the supervision of a licensed nurse. He/she records data established by policy and procedure, and reports observations and patient problems to the licensed nurse. The Patient Care Assistant is responsible for assigned non-nursing functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. PCAs provides care to patients assigned within defined limits.
2. Performs treatment and procedures in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Housewide skills
- Unit-specific skills
- High-risk/low frequency/waived test skills
- Completes competencies listed on PCA II Orientation Checklist
3. Reports observations, conditions and problems of patients to the licensed nurse.
4. Records care administered according to established procedures.
5. Assists with maintaining equipment and supplies.
6. Follows channels of communication for effective problem solving.
7. Floats to nursing units as needed throughout the hospital.
8. Utilizes Relationship-centered Care principles (partner with the patient/family, greet and introduce self, make eye contact and smile, listen and respond with empathy, display appropriate body language at all times, and use a pleasant tone of voice to enhance patient/customer satisfaction.
9. Balances personal and work life.
10. Participates as a team player.
11. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement.
12. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 18 years of age and posses a high school diploma or equivalent.
Two years of hospital experience in an inpatient environment as a Certified Nursing Assistant/Certified Medical Assistant
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Certified Nursing Assistant/Certified Medical Assistant - Current
BLS (Basic Life Support) certification from AHA (American Heart Association) - Current
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must be able to write and speak effectively in English
Must be willing and able to work in various nursing units
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report s Best Hospital list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of 100 Best Companies To Work For since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world. APPLY.