Patient Care Technician (CNA) PRN - FLOAT POOL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 2/22/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 02525-12068
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (AN HCA FACILITY) IS LOCATED LESS THAN 20 MILES FROM THE BEACHES OF JACKSONVILLE. WE ARE THE PREMIERE MEDICAL FACILITY IN THE JACKSONVILLE AREA FEATURING A CERTIFIED CHEST PAIN CENTER, CERTIFIED STROKE CENTER AS WELL AS A DEDICATED HEART CENTER. MEMORIAL HOSPITAL IS ALSO A U.S. NEWS AND WORLD REPORT BEST HOSPITAL.
The PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (PCT OR CNA), under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN), assists in providing nursing care to a designated group of patients. The PCT or CNA, under the direction and supervision of the Nursing Director or designee, performs as a receptionist, unit secretary, and assists with unit organization and record keeping. Tasks and responsibilities include functioning in the role of assisting the RN and Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with select medical/surgical patient care procedures. The PCT or CNA maintains unit equipment and adequate stocking of supplies and related equipment.
This is a highly visible role, with a large degree of physician and patient interaction. The quality of care given at MEMORIAL HOSPITAL will be determined by the philosophy, mission, and values of the hospital and the Department of Nursing; and will meet the health care needs of patients, their families, and the community.
Duties include the following:
* PATIENT ASSESSMENT/DOCUMENTATION - Provides and documents patient care under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Patient Care Technician supports the Registered Nurse by collecting and documenting data needed for patient assessment.
* PATIENT RIGHTS - The Patient Care Technician will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
* PATIENT SAFETY - Demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including: patient falls, restraints, and National Patient Safety Goals.
* PATIENT/FAMILY EDUCATION - Provides appropriate patient/family education, per department and hospital policy and procedures.
* A High School Diploma or equivalent is required
* A current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
* Must have a current state of Florida issued Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) License, must have a current state of Florida issued Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) license, must be a current Nursing School student who has successfully completed the first semester of clinical rotations in a hospital setting or must have recent experience as a Corpsman in the military
* A minimum of 1 year healthcare/patient care experience is required for the Float Pool
* Some previous customer service experience is strongly preferred
* Float Pool - candidate must be willing to work in any department who needs assistance
* Most shifts are 12 hours - either Day Shift (7A-7P) or Night Shift (7P-7A)
* PRN position so looking for all shift coverage - please specify in the application questions any/all shifts you are available to work
* Must be able to work at least 1 shift per week, work some rotating weekends, and work rotating holidays
Last Edited: 01/09/2018