Patient Care Technician - Full-time/Nights - Telemetry 10/10/2017
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) will provide care to patients in an acute care setting. Utilize a variety of technical skills that have been validated through a formalized training program. Perform duties in a manner consistent with established nursing standards of practice and the mission of Truman Medical Center.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Current BCLS certification when hired; certification must be kept current for continued employment
* Unlicensed Assistive Personnel training or the training requirements will be waived if an employee demonstrates competency in the content areas required by regulatory requirements; in the duties specific to their job and the patient population assigned;or meets the requirements as defined below:
* Is enrolled in a professional or practical nursing education program and has completed a fundamentals of nursing course; or
* Was a professional nursing or practical nursing licensure candidate who failed to pass the state licensure examinations in the past three (3) years; or
* Possesses current certification as a nursing assistant per Missouri state regulations; or
* Has documented experience as an emergency medical technician, medical assistant or surgical technician in the past three (3) years; or
* Has two (2) years documented experience as a nurse assistant in the past three (3) years; or
* Has completed a professional or licensed practical nursing program outside the United States and is awaiting the licensure examination in this country.
* UAP s from staffing agencies shall comply with the position requirements.
If the above criteria are not met, the incumbent is prohibited from providing direct patient care to any acute care patients undergoing a procedure in the outpatient setting.
6:45PM - 7:15AM (12 HR SHIFT)