Patient Care Technician, Observation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/14/2017
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN, OBSERVATION
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN, OBSERVATION
OCEAN MEDICAL CENTER
Night 12 Hours
7 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Meridian Health our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Patient Care Technician at Meridian includes:
* Providing patient care, based on physical, psychosocial, education, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the guests/patients served in assigned service
* Providing for effective and safe guest/patients outcomes through practice, judgment and critical actions
* Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient's status and rendered care
* Taking self-directed or self-motivated initiative to do more than is expected or required in the job, acting before being required to by events, improving job performance, and/or creating new opportunities
* Participating in interdisciplinary collaboration of our patient's plan of care from admission to discharge to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care
* Participating in Unit/Department Performance Improvement [PI] activities
* The Patient Care Technician is responsible for providing direct patient care to the patients under the guidance of the physician and RN. He/She performs phlebotomy, vital signs, assists the RN and performs secretary skills.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
* Completion of PCT/CNA certification required, Meridian Nursing Assistant Program preferred or
* Current Nursing Student, having completed fundamentals in nursing clinical rotation strongly preferred or
* Equivalent bedside nursing experience, such as home health aides, military hospital corpsman or medic or Emergency Medical Technician preferred or
* Experienced or certified in phlebotomy and checking EKG, vital signs and blood sugar preferred
* At least 1 year PCT or CNA experience in a hospital setting strongly preferred
* BLS/CPR certification is required
* Strong computer skills and telephone etiquette required
* A passion and commitment to be dedicated to working with children and their families where we treat each as our own. Able to adjust to a rapidly changing census
The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.