Patient Companion - Nursing Administration - Per Diem - Variable 10/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Patient Companion - Nursing Administration - Per Diem - Variable
ProMedica - ProMedica Bixby Hospital (BH) - Bixby Medical Center - Nursing Admin (G/L only) (6011)
Adrian, MI 49221 US (Primary)
ProMedica's Mission is to improve your health and well-being. Which is why, at ProMedica Bixby Hospital, we don't just treat patients; we treat them, and their families, with respect. In fact, we've been doing so for 100 years. We focus on bringing you excellent care, impeccable service and a compassionate ear. And we're a critical access point to extensive care throughout the entire ProMedica system.
ProMedica Bixby Hospital is located in Adrian, Mich. We are an 88-bed, full-service acute-care hospital that never rests. Dedicated to serving our community, we have more than 120 active doctors working rigorously to meet the needs of our patients and their families
Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and according to established policies and procedures is responsible for providing constant observation of a patient identified to be at risk. Job Requirements
* High School Diploma or GED
* Must have interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients of all ages and their visitors.
* Must be able to understand directions and respond to inquiries
* Due to continuously changing patient census/activity and staffing needs, must have the flexibility to work a varying schedule should the need arise.
* Must complete patient companion education, customer service, infection control and life safety training.
* Enrollment in a nursing program preferred
* CPI certification is required within 90 days of hire; training is provided on site.
* Must have the physical ability to sit for long periods of time and assist with confused patients.
* May involve exposure of the potential for exposure to blood or other potentially infectious material, or involve a potential for spills or splashes of blood or other potentially infectious materials.
* Environment is the patient room, but may vary to other clinical settings (i.e. Radiology) when necessary.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details