Patient Education Specialist I Job 9/16/2017
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Additional Locations: (n/a)
Purpose and Passion * Comprehensive Benefits * Life-Work Integration * Community * Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we re one global team committed to making a difference in people s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose improving lives through your life s work.
About the role
Act as a direct contact for Territory Manager (TM) and TM team, along with physician s offices and hospitals, to handle prospective patients. Responsible for maintaining pipeline of candidates, contacting, educating, and progressing patients along their journey to potentially receiving a trial with the local physician, TM and team. Accountable for complying with all Regulatory requirements with respect to complaint handling and maintaining the accuracy of the data within BSC business systems.
Your responsibilities include:
* Enter in all candidate information received from web site, post cards, local events and physician offices/hospitals into CRM tracking system.
* Contact all patient candidates within acceptable timeframe as determined by management.
* Educate candidates on spinal cord stimulation, pain management, insurance, psychological evaluations, and other requirements needed to get to a trial.
* Responsible for knowing all potential objections to SCS-therapy and respond per training.
* Provide summary reports to TM and local offices on a weekly basis.
* Draft written communication for letters and e-mails to candidates, TM and physician offices as needed.
* Support local TM and physicians with any education events and candidate follow-up as needed.
* Position will require periodic travel to meet with local sales reps, physicians, and customer staff.
* Perform other related duties as assigned, including special projects.
What we re looking for:
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, IT, Health Science, Business, Nursing, Computer Science, or medically related field desired.
* 2+ years experience in a fast-paced customer service environment desired.
* Biology, medical terminology, medical products or manufacturing Customer Service experience. General knowledge of computer skills Microsoft Office required.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and organizational skills required.
* Experience in medical device industry.
* Experience with Salesforce desirable.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 365753
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Computer Science, Scientific, CRM, Engineering, Legal, Technology