Patient Retention Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 7/28/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONALERE HOME MONITORING is the largest, most experienced home INR monitoring service provider in the country. As the leader in the industry and a Medicare (CMS) approved IDTF, weve helped over 16,000 users tracking 500,000 patients and 36 million INR tests by providing the critical tools needed to safely manage anticoagulation therapy.
Our broad range of solutions include fingerstick monitors for real time INR visibility at home or point of care, decision support applications, centralized patient management software, and health management support for individuals testing at home. This process is proven to be the superior standard of care for monitoring warfarin and the most cost effective oral anticoagulant.
We have earned the Joint Commissions Gold Seal of Approval accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations national standards for health care quality and safety in home care
We improve clinical, operational and economic outcomes for physicians, and offer more
freedom and better quality of life for patients. For our customers, KNOWING NOW MATTERS.
The Patient Retention Specialist is responsible for working directly with patients who have indicated a desire to discontinue their relationship with Alere Home Monitoring or are having challenges with self testing and are at risk of exiting program. This position is responsible for understanding the challenges the patient faces and for understanding and communicating the possible options available for the patient to achieve success and satisfaction. The ultimate goal of the Patient Retention Specialist is to retain the qualified patient as an Alere Home Monitoring customer.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Work directly with current AHM patients to identify their challenges with continuing their relationship with AHM.
* Provide coaching to patients wishing to exit the program on all of the options available that would help them be more successful with home testing
* Proactively assist suitable patients and caregivers/families to make home self testing more manageable.
* Work directly with other AHM departments to help identify patients requesting to exit the program and those that are at risk of being discharged from AHM services.
* Work with prescribing clinics to confirm patient suitability and compliance and obtain approvals for reactivation of patients that have been discharged from program.
* Engage patients to re-commit to home testing and to following their physicians orders.
* Generate reporting on an ad-hoc basis
* Other duties as assigned
* High school diploma. Associates degree preferred.
* Experience working in a patient services / healthcare industry desired
* Some exposure to benefits programs, including Medicare and other insurance providers.
* Some sales experience a definite plus.
* Complete understanding of the programs and benefits offered by Alere Home Monitoring.
* Ability to provide superior customer service and meet customer satisfaction expectations via phone calls and written communication.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
* Must be able to influence others through effective communication skills and company knowledge.
* Proficient in Windows based applications and Internet
* Strong analytical ability with knowledge of statistical analysis and reporting practices
* Ability to use multiple computer applications. Proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically, Word, Outlook and Excel
* Ability to chart and follow designated workflow(s) in an electronic environment.
* Perform some repetitive motion activities.
* Must be able to work at computer station for extended periods of time
* Required close vision and the ability to adjust eye focus often.
ALERE HOME MONITORING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. IF YOU NEED ACCOMMODATION FOR ANY PART OF THE EMPLOYMENT PROCESS BECAUSE OF A DISABILITY, PLEASE SEND AN E-MAIL TO ASHLEY.POLNOFF@ALERE.COM OR CALL 1-877-262-4669 EXT. 7692 TO LET US KNOW THE NATURE OF YOUR REQUEST.