Patient Service Specialist (Infusion)- 162006 10/10/2017
Preferred Homecare / Lifecare Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary: The Patient Service Specialist is the voice of the organization and is the primary resource for patients and physicians to obtain information and answers to questions. This position is primarily responsible for accurately, thoroughly and in a time-sensitive manner processing patient orders and providing clear and timely communication to all stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond to telephone inquiries and orders from referral sources.
- Provide information services.
- Consult with clinical staff to determine the best method for providing services.
- Determine best method for providing services.
- Assist walk-in patients with the selection of equipment, supplies, and services.
- Process orders by preparing all appropriate paperwork.
- Complete all necessary paperwork in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Assure the distribution of paperwork to appropriate personnel to facilitate delivery, timely billing and any necessary clinical follow-up.
- Complete and inputs all relevant information obtained from patient referral sources into the computer system.
- Coordinate the delivery, set up and pick up of equipment, supplies and services with appropriate personnel.
- Ensure deliveries and set ups can be arranged in a timely manner.
- Contact patients to inform them of any patient payment requirements, determination of best delivery method and instructions for receiving delivery.
- Identify referral source problems and coordinates appropriate corrective action as necessary.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency with 1-3 years of home infusion/home health experience preferred.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status. View more information about Equal Employment Opportunity at the following URL : http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf