This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 12/8/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
General Mills is seeking a Payroll Specialist to administer assigned components of payroll processing to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of payments. Liaises with Payroll Vendor, HR, and Finance team members. Focuses on Process Improvement opportunities and delivers service excellence to employees, managers and HR professionals.
* Performs the day to day payroll processing activities
* Audits payroll and time and labor data and corrects data as necessary
* Produces timely and accurate gross to net processing and pay distribution
* Oversees the preparation of the tax funding, garnishments, including identifying and resolving reconciling items related to processing
* Provides level 2 inquiry payroll support and provides applicable guidance
* Timely and accurate vendor tax filing and funding, including identifying and resolving reconciling items related to the tax processing
* Responsible for all weekly, monthly, quarterly, reporting and reconciliations, Payroll tax updates, including the oversight of all year-end activities
* 3 - 5 years of payroll experience preferred
* 3 - 5 years customer service experience preferred
* Knowledge of technical (SaaS and other) systems preferred
* Change management skills and experience preferred
* Strong prioritization skills