Progressive Care Nurse
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 2/22/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08158-9835
Nights (rotating weekends)
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
The Progressive Care Unit is a 6 bed unit that provides intermediate level inpatient care to adult and geriatric patients. All beds have telemetry capabilities and patients are monitored unless otherwise ordered by the MD. Mechanisms are in place to monitor patients in transport and during procedures in ancillary departments. One negative pressure room is available for those patients whose condition requires respiratory isolation. PCU is designed for patients who do not require the level of monitoring provided in the critical care units, but require a higher level of monitoring than provided on the medical-surgical units.
Full Time Nights (7p-7a)
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
* State of Georgia RN License required
* BLS AHA Healthcare Provider
* ACLS required within 30 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician s orders
* Knowledge of universal precautions
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
* Basic computer skills
* Basic arrhythmia test recognition have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 88% passing score
Last Edited: 01/09/2018