Pediatric ER Nurse - Part Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 2/22/2018
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01541-14936
Mixed (rotating weekends)
For more than three decades, SUNRISE CHILDREN S HOSPITAL in Las Vegas has been Nevada s largest, most comprehensive children s hospital dedicated to caring for infants, children, adolescents and expectant mothers. As the leading neonatal, pediatric, and maternal provider in the region, we partner with physicians and hospitals throughout the Southwest to offer the most comprehensive and advanced health programs as well as access to sub-specialties.
The Pediatric Emergency Department RN manages the nursing care of critically ill pediatric patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Cares for infants and children with critical, chronic and multi-system illnesses and injuries.
* Provides professional nursing service based on the basic concepts of growth and development of infants and children.
* Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
* Calculates dosages for and understands the nursing implications of medications used for infants and children.
* Recognizes the uniqueness of pain and pain management in the pediatric population and provides care accordingly.
* Provides family-centered care based on cognitive, psychosocial and developmental considerations for the age of the patient collaborating with families and members of the multidisciplinary team to achieve desired outcomes.
* Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
* Cares for patients at risk for abduction following established prevention procedures.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
* Current NV licensure as an RN.
* Minimum one (1) year current experience in a Peds ED required. Will consider experience in a mixed ED.
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
SPECIALTY CERTIFICATION IS REQUIRED:
* Pediatric Emergency Department (Peds ED) Current BLS, PALS and ACLS certification.
* TNCC within one year of hire for PICU and Peds ED
* ENPC within one year of hire for Peds ED
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 09/11/2017