Per Diem Pharmacy Technician - IVAS 2/20/2017
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title:
Per Diem Pharmacy Technician - IVAS
Pharmacy Tchn 1 PD
Per Diem; Varying Shifts
$27.80 / $4837
$27.80 / $4837
Layoff Referral Deadline:
Under direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, when assigned to the I.V. Additive Service, performs those repetitive and manipulative activities which primarily consist of aseptically compounding IV solutions (LVPs, IVPBs, TPN, Syringes, etc), maintaining inventory control, record keeping (refrigerator temperature logs and hood cleaning), housekeeping and security functions.
1. Ability to accurately perform pharmaceutical calculations.
2. Knowledge of pharmaceutical generic and trade names and their dosage forms, and the ability to cross reference the most common drugs from memory.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology and pharmaceutical abbreviations.
4. Skill in preparing intravenous solutions using aseptic technique.
5. Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
6. Skill in computer order entry of medication orders as well as other related computer entry tasks and computer report generation.
7. Telephone and verbal skills required to communicate clearly and effectively with pharmacists, nurses, physicians and other allied health professionals.
8. Ability to compound chemotherapy solution utilizing departmental guidelines for the preparation/distribution of cytotoxic agents.
9. Skill in operating the Automix Compounder and the Unispan pump.
10. Ability to determine which IV syringe, IV set, needle, etc to use when compounding a broad range of sterile products.
11. Ability to lift 25 lbs and push 50 lbs.
12. Valid CA Pharmacy Technician License,required
13. Hospital experience, strongly preferred